Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Canada Day Layout for G & G Cringle



I used Scrapbook Customs Canada Sightseeing Patterned Paper with Bazzill Blush Red Dark & White Prismatic cardstocks.

To embellish the 8 x 8 layout, I used CTMH's Mini Stapler, Stampin' Up Ribbon, BoBunny & Basic Grey Buttons and embroidery floss from my stash.

I used CTMH's Sweet & Lovely (comes with Artbooking Cricut Cartridge) stamp set with CTMH Black ink for the journal tag.

For the Album Label, I used CTMH's Atomic Caps (Digby - discontinued), Zoology (dotted line), Scroll Album Workshop (family - discontinue) and Family is Forever - September Stamp of the Month 2014 (heart - discontinued) with CTMH Black ink.

Prior to my pregnancy with TJ, every year in February I would begin to make calendars for certain family members for Christmas. For instance, I highlighted our favourite moments of 2010 for their 2011 Calendar.

Most of the family members that received one of these calendars live far away from us and it was a way of them not missing moment's in our lives; especially the children's milestones. 

Since my bed rested pregnancy with TJ, I have not been able to get back to my calendars because it's been one chaotic event after another, but I wanted to do something for these special people in our lives.

My brilliant best friend, Shanna, said why don't you just make up random 8 x 8 layouts for them like you are doing for your grandparents. I loved the idea. 

So, here is the first layout that I made for Trevor's grandparents. They leave soon for the winter to warmer climate, so we gave them their Christmas gift early.

2 comments:

  1. Fab layout of your precious ones! Love those photos! That gorgeous ribbon is perfect on here.
    Thank you for the compliment, I'll answer to "brilliant" any day, but just remember, the idea for the 8x8 layouts was yours in the first place, you just hadn't thought of using them in that way. These are going to be fabulous gifts and I love the label on the album!

    ReplyDelete