Monday, September 22, 2014

Tool Box Using My Favourite Tools



At Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog, I am the September Guest Designer and this week's challenge is to use your favourite tool.

Well, I use Close to My Heart's discontinued My Creations Card Box to hold all my extra blades for my straight cutter. It fits perfect in my drawer and was still in it's boring state of white.

So, I decided to cover the card box using some of my favourite tools. Besides my basic tools that I can't scrapbook without: Stampin' Up Straight Cutter, 3M Tape Gun, EK Success Scissors, EK Success Tweezers, Westcott Fabric Scissors and my Making Memories Metal Ruler...my favourite tools would be my Cricut Machine & my sewing machine.

I used CTMH's Pathfinding Paper Packet with CTMH's Glacier cardstock.

To embellish the tool box, I used CTMH's Artbooking Cricut Cartridge for "Tool Box", CTMH's Artiste Cricut Cartridge for the bow, Basic Grey flower, Basic Grey leaves, Basic Grey buttons, Making Memories brad, miscellaneous embroidery floss from my stash, the reverse zig zag stitch on my sewing machine, Zutter Distrezz-it-All electronic paper distresser and the button on the closure of the box is from my stash of buttons from my grandma.

The reverse zig zag stitch was a happy mistake. My soon to be 3 year old son was playing with my sewing machine. I thought I got to him before he did anything to my machine, but I was wrong. Now I have to figure out how to get it back to normal, but I liked how the stitch looked with this paper line.

You have until the end of the month to play along with this challenge. So, carve out some time in your scrap space and share with us your favourite tool. You can make a card, a layout, an altered item or whatever suites your fancy. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

To play along, you must use CTMH products, but your project doesn't have to be 100% CTMH. To find out more about Heart 2 Heart Challenges, please click here: http://heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.ca.

3 comments:

  1. I so love your tool box. Fun texture and embellishments and I love the distressing. It is just sooo cute!
    Thank you for a fun card/technique class/gathering yesterday!
    Hugs,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea!! Love those papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to jazz up a box!

    ReplyDelete