Monday, September 15, 2014

Lighthouse Birthday Card


I am the September Guest Designer at the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog and this week's challenge is continuing with the favourites theme...favourite technique.

Again, very hard to narrow this down for me, but this ripping technique has always been a favourite of mine that I have been doing it for years on cards and layouts. Also, lately I have been addicted to using embossing folders and so I even threw a little of that in there too.

I used Close to My Heart's Seaside Paper Packet with CTMH's Desert Sand & Bamboo cardstocks.

To embellish the card, I used CTMH's Triangle Studs, CTMH's Stripe Embossing Folder and ribbon from my stash that I wish I could remember where I bought it from because it matches CTMH's Desert Sand perfectly. I know I bought it pre-flood and that was over 2 years ago now and I don't have much of it left.

I used CTMH's Seaside Greetings, New Zealand Greetings and Banner Wishes stamp sets with CTMH Desert Sand ink.

You have until the end of the month to play along with this challenge. So, carve out some time in your scrap space and share with us your favourite technique. You can make a card, a layout, an altered item or whatever suites your fancy. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

To play along, you must use CTMH products, but your project doesn't have to be 100% CTMH. To find out more about Heart 2 Heart Challenges, please click here: http://heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.ca.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful - love the technique as well as the design! The embellishments and papers are perfect for this card.
    Great challenge - hope to find time to play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card, Donna! Your subtle ripping technique on one part of your card really completes the look. Glad to have you with us this month at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely! I love the ripped effect, too, and this card pulls it off so well.

    ReplyDelete