Monday, September 8, 2014

Joy Ornament Christmas Card


I am the September Guest Designer at Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog and this week's challenge is simple...use your favourite stamp or stamp set.

For me, there is no such thing as a favourite stamp or stamp set. I love all my stamps otherwise I wouldn't buy them.

So, how did I take on this week's challenge? Well, I asked myself, what was one of my favourite must have stamp sets from the New Close to My Heart Annual Inspirations that I haven't used yet and the answer was Noel.

I am also playing along with Freshly Made Sketches #152 - A Sketch by Cindy H.

I used Close to My Heart's Snowhaven Paper Packet with CTMH Cranberry, Glacier & White Daisy cardstocks.

To embellish the card, I used CTMH's Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge for the ornament shape, CTMH Sponge Dauber with CTMH Cranberry ink, CTMH Clear Assortment Sparkles, EK Success Small Snowflake Punch and the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine with thread from Fabricland.

I used CTMH's Noel stamp set with CTMH Black ink and Memento Black ink.

The Copic Markers I used are: Red - R08 & E07 and Teal - BG72 & BG70.

You have until the end of the month to play along with this challenge. So, carve out some time in your scrap space and share with us your favourite stamp or stamp set. You can make a card, a layout, an altered item or whatever suites your fancy. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

To play along, you must use CTMH products, but your project doesn't have to be 100% CTMH. To find out more about Heart 2 Heart challenges, please click here: http://heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.ca.

7 comments:

  1. Love the bold design of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Christmas card! These colours are so striking and I love how you've decorated your card inside and out! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this one! Fab colour combo - I always love black with colours like these. I also love how you turned Joy into an ornament, very creative. As always, the inside of your card looks great as well.
    Cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a festive and colorful design! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete