Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Christmas Necklace & Jewelry Buffet

Here is my Christmas Necklace that I made.

I had tried "scrapbooking" a Fall themed necklace, but none of my ideas worked. To put the glass cover on your necklace, you use liquid glass. Liquid glass works fine with CTMH inks and embossed items until you attach the glass cover.

I had stamped out this beautiful Fall themed piece to put in this necklace and once I squished on the glass cover...the ink ran. Then I heat embossed the stamped images. Once I put the glass cover on, the liquid glass was all blotchy where the embossed images were.

So, I have decided to stick with Close to My Heart stickers, CTMH paper and photos printed at Japan camera (wet lab) because those are what I have used and they have worked without a hitch.

I used CTMH's Base & Bling Antiqued Gold Chain, Antique Gold Rectangle Pendant, Rectangle Glass Cover and Liquid Glass.

To embellish my necklace, I used the sticker sheets from CTMH's My Crush Holiday Happenings Assortment, CTMH's Base & Bling Charms - Storyteller (antique gold heart), Spellbinders Heart Square Nestabilities (hearts), American Crafts Studio Calico Veneer Snowflake and a miscellaneous velvet poinsettia from my flower stash.

If you look at the sticker sheets that come with the My Crush Holiday Happenings Assortment, you will not find anything that looks like my necklace. I cut up different stickers from the red & green sticker sheets to "scrapbook" my necklace.

To see my other necklaces & bracelet I have made, please click here: http://www.datsmystyledj.blogspot.ca/2014/07/close-to-my-heart-jewellery.html.

To see my jack-o-lantern necklace, please click here: http://www.datsmystyledj.blogspot.ca/2014/08/jack-o-lantern-necklace.html.

Jewelry Buffet Open House
Thursday, September 25, 2014
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
In My Scrap Room

Drop on by and make a necklace...it will only take you about 10 minutes or so.

Oval & Rectangle Necklace - $16.00
Circle or Square Necklace - $15.00
Oval Cuff Bracelet - $11.00

Taxes included in the price.

The price of the necklace includes: one chain, one pendant, one sticker, one glass cover, two charms or one rhinestone charm and the liquid glass to put it all together.

The oval cuff bracelet includes the bracelet, one sticker, one glass cover and the liquid glass to put it all together.

This Open House is a great way to try out Close to My Heart's Jewelry without putting out a lot of money. If you were to purchase everything that you needed to make one oval necklace, it would cost you $32.50 plus shipping & taxes. You would also have a lot of leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment