Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Friends Forever - Caelan's Farewell 8x8 Album











I used BoBunny's Coral, Island Mist and Khaki Double Dot Cardstocks, My Mind's Eye Bella Bella "French Flea Market" Simply Plaid Paper and My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie "Baby" Girl Floral Paper.

To embellish the Flower Card (1st Photo), I used CTMH's Artbooking Cricut Cartridge for the heart, CTMH's Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge for the flowers, Jasmine Cricut Cartridge for "Caelan", My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Stampin' Up Close to Cocoa Marker for the stitching on the heart and CTMH's Fabulous You stamp set with CTMH Smoothie ink.

To embellish the 8x8 Album, I used CTMH's Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge for the Flowers, Jasmine Cricut Cartridge for all the words, My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots, Stampin' Up Ribbon, Scrapbook Sally Brads, Martha Stewart Border Punches, Stampin' Up Close to Cocoa Marker for the faux stitching and Chocolate Zig Marker for the journaling in the heart.

I used CTMH's Love Life, Fabulous You and Framed Moments (discontinued) stamp sets with CTMH Chocolate, Juniper and Smoothie inks.

My daughter, Amy, hosted the last day of school party this year. One of her friends had just found out a few days before the party that she would be moving away over the summer. So, we turned the last hour of the party into a going away party for Caelan. Prior to the party, only a couple of their friends knew that she was moving away and she didn't want the last day of school party being all about her.

We asked everyone to chip in $5 for a special surprise at the party. We used the money to go towards her dozen roses. After Caelan announced her news, we gave her the roses and the album, enjoyed the cake Amy made and then I took photos of Caelan with each of her friends for the album.

The first photo in this post is the card I made to go with Caelan's flowers. We wrote all of her friends names on it who chipped in for them. The next 9 photos are of the 8x8 album that I put together for Caelan in one day. The last photo is her gifts from all of us. Caelan's favourite colour is this peachy pink colour and the teal and brown just looked good with it.

On the last page of the album all of Caelan's friends wrote personal messages including phone numbers on it. I forgot to take a photo of the Message Page before they wrote on it. So, I put a piece of paper over most of it to cover up the very personal stuff. Yes, I have permission from all of the people in this post to post their photos on social media.

On the front of the album, I typed out this following quote: Good friends are like stars, You don't always see them, But you know they are always there.

2 comments: