Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hello Again Dakota


I am participating in Color My Heart Color Dare #100 - Crystal Blue, Pacifica & Barn Red.

For those of you who follow me on Facebook, you know that I won a fabulous prize package from Spellbinders by participating in Scrapbook & Cards Today's National Scrapbooking Day Blog Hop Give-A-Ways.

I won 4 Spellbinders in'spire die-cuts: Sihouette, Caged, Feathers on the Wind and Typewriter.

These die-cuts are not my usual style, but I was up to the challenge to step outside my comfort zone.

Today's post and the next two day's posts will also feature the dies that I won from Spellbinders and Scrapbook & Cards Today.

I used Close to My Heart's Dakota Paper Packet (retired) with CTMH's Barn Red, Pacifica & Black cardstocks.

To embellish the card, I used Spellbinders in'spire Typewriter, CTMH's Pacifica buttons (retired), CTMH's Pacifica brads (retired), CTMH's Marvy Black Journaling Pen, embroidery floss from my stash and the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine with black thread.

I used CTMH's July Stamp of the Month - Circus Alphabet for the "hello" and for the inside sentiment I used CTMH's Sincere Expressions with CTMH Black ink.

I do really try to use current CTMH products, but nothing current would work for me. Once I read the challenge, I thought Dakota Paper Packet and I just couldn't get it out of my head. Since digging out this paper packet, I noticed how much Retired CTMH Paper Packets I have on hand.

This may become a new challenge for me in the upcoming months...use up retired close to my heart products.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, same thing happened to me! I went into my paper stash and found lots of older CTMH! Great cards! Love the little buttons and the typewriter is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun! Awesome typewriter die and love the banners and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the different spin you took on this paper collection, Donna. A typewriter is not the usually pairing we see, but works great. Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you layer on your cards, and decorate the inside. So pretty! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete