Thursday, April 12, 2012

Papa Mak Wobble Head Card


Here is the birthday card that I made for my dad from my grandparents.

The face on this card is my grandpa. My grandpa is turning 89 in May and he is still a kid at heart. This is my grandpa's goofy face. Over the years, I have acquired a few photos of him making this face.

This one was taken at this year's Oliver Road Community Centre's Winter Carnival after he won the baseball cap that he is wearing with a 2 week pass to the Complex at the Penny Auction.

When I saw this photo, I immediately came up with the idea of cutting my grandpa's head out to put on a card with an action wobble to make a bobble head card. My mind works in mysterious ways, but we all got a good laugh from this card.

I used patterned papers from My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 paper pad with Echo Park Splash Orange/Red two-sided patterned paper and Bazzill Classic Red cardstock.

To embellish the card, I used embroidery floss & buttons from my stash and Stampin' Up Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon. I also used Petite Ovals Small & Large Nestabilities.

The body for my bobble head is from The Greeting Farm's Jeremy stamp. I also used CTMH's Happy Birthday & Just a Number stamp sets with Stampin' Up Basic Gray Ink.

3 comments:

  1. That is just precious. I love it!!! Great idea too...as always. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Donna this is just hilarious! What a fabulous idea. Love it.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Your family must have been rolling on the floor!!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete