Wednesday, October 6, 2010

You Make My Heart Smile


I made this card for my friend Ellena.

The stamps used on the front of the card are from Elzybells "Stamp & Scrap" and "Stamp & Scrap Sentiments" stamp sets. The inside sentiment is from Inkadinkado.

I used BoBunny Double Dot Cardstock & papers from Basic Grey's Pyrus 6 x 6 pad. The buttons & embroidery floss are from my stash. The border punch is from EK Success and the small corner punch outs were made by using a 1/2 inch square punch & a Fiskars small square hand held punch.

The sentiment on the front of this card is so very true for Ellena & I because we met each other due to our passion for scrapbooking & card making.

She is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and I opened the first scrapbooking store in Thunder Bay. Prior to DAT'S Scrapbooking, my store was called Sandy's Place. It was a coney dog & fry shop.

I had turned the corner store part of my store into a scrapbooking supply area and I called that part of my store, Scrapbooking with Donna. Ellena & her daughter came by to check out what I was all about and she gave me her business card. I had never heard of Stampin' Up before that day.

It came in handy because 1/2 hour later, I had a customer come into my store who had just moved to Thunder Bay looking for a Stampin' Up Demonstrator. Ellena was coming back the next day to drop off a catalogue for me, so I gave this new customer the card that Ellena had just given me.

Our friendship has been growing ever since that day.

1 comment: