Monday, July 12, 2010

Kaylin's First Scrapbook
















My girlfriend, Lisa, and her husband Lanny are the proud parents of Kaylin Teija Garrison. She was born 2 weeks early in March and that caused me a bit of a problem.

I had fully planned on making the calendar baby album for when their daughter was born, but due to things that I could not control, the album kept getting pushed off to the side. Then it was getting close to the due date, so I planned a weekend of scrapbooking for myself to complete this album.

This is Lisa's first baby, so I never thought Kaylin would come early, but she did. Lisa lives in Kingston, but her mom and now grandma lives here in Thunder Bay. I wanted to send the album with grandma so that I wouldn't have to pay the huge shipping fee.

So, I had 24 hours to get this album done. Within those 24 hours, I had my store to run for 10 hours and my husband was on shift work, so I also had to do the mom thing and feed my daughter and so forth.

Needless to say, I didn't complete the album, but I did get the cover of the album done, the title page and March 2010 - July 2010 complete. This worked out perfectly because Lisa would be visiting Thunder Bay with her family in June or July. So, I sent the incomplete album and a note explaining that she would get the rest of the album when she visited in the summer.

She loved the album and as you can see, she has been filling in the album on a regular basis (I removed the photos before shooting the pages for my blog). I have been working on this album for the past week and a bit and that is why you haven't seen any cards posted on my blog in a while.

My family & I met Kaylin last Wednesday for the first time. She is absolutely beautiful and just so adorable. The neat thing is that my daughter, Amy, was the first baby that Lisa ever held and now I have a photo of my daughter holding her daughter.

I have lost track of how many of these ablums I have made for friends and family members. Most of the time, it is a group effort, but this one wasn't. It's a great gift idea for any mom. New mom or second or third time around. Scrapbooking mom or Non-Scrapbooking mom. It's a great keepsake.

I won't be giving a break down of what I used and such because I will be here typing until Kalyin's first birthday if I do that. This is one of those projects that you can just sit back & enjoy. If you really need to know what paper was used or what technique on a certain page, you can always email me or leave a comment with your question.

4 comments:

  1. Such an amazing gift Donna! It turned out so nice!! You already know it, but I'll say it again, my absolute favorite page is September with the tree! Trees rock! I also love the monkey page and the October page, but they all look fantastic! So whatcha working on now???
    Just teasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I hope to start on my Fall Workshops, some cards just for the fun of it & a card to post for Kraftin' Kimmie's Sneak Peek on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know this, but it's gorgeous!!! I also love the tree page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this album!!! My favourite pages are September and January. Wow, what a wonderful gift!!! :)

    ReplyDelete