Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January Calendar Workshop

Friday, February 05, 2010 - FULL
Time: 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Cost: $20.00

This workshop is not quite full yet, so if you are interested in signing up or you would like more information, please contact me via email at ddigby@shaw.ca or drop by the store or give me a call at 344-7702.

For this workshop, we are using Fancy Pants Designs Frosted Two-Sided Papers: Snowball Fight, Bracket Snow, Winter's Chill & Hill of Snow with Worldwin's Black Cardstock.

The title is done with the Cricut Machine and the Alphalicious Font. I cut the title out in the black cardstock twice with the shadow short stack and then twice again with the Winter's Chill paper in just the short stack. All four layers were glued together to give a chipboard effect to the title.

All the photos are double matted and overlapping each other. There is a horizontal 4x6 photo, a vertical 3.5x5 photo, a horizontal 3.5x5 photo and a horizontal 2.75x3.75 photo.

For embellishments we will be adding four 1/2 inch mirrors to the layout, two Stamping Bella small crystal bonbons, glitter gluing small pearl beads wherever we see fit and adding a stamped winter word to the bottom right photo using CTMH Feathery Flakes stamp set, Lilac Mist Ink & sponge tool and Stampin' Up Night of Navy Ink.

The photo areas may look a little strange and that is because I covered the photos with white cardstock prior to shooting the layout. With the overlapping photos, this layout was too difficult to shoot without the photos already glued on. I limit the number of photos that I put out on the world wide web of my daughter and I didn't have permission from my cousins to put their children's photos on my blog. So, I covered their photos up. Having their photos up in my store is one thing, but the internet is a whole different ball game.

1 comment:

  1. Donna,
    I love how this turned out! The title pops so nicely off of the page! Can't wait to see it IRL!
    Cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete